Table of Content
- Some common technical SEO issues
- Pros & cons of problems faced in SEO & how can they be resolved
- How these can be resolved
- Winding Up
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Cryptocurrency businesses have become increasingly popular in recent years, but with this growth comes a set of unique technical SEO challenges. These challenges can range from website structure to technical implementation, and if not addressed, can negatively impact the visibility and search engine ranking of the cryptocurrency business. In this article, we will discuss some common technical SEO problems which are caused by poor technical SEO in cryptocurrency businesses and how they can be resolved.
Some common technical SEO issues
- Duplicate Content: Cryptocurrency businesses often create multiple versions of the same content for different languages or platforms, resulting in duplicate content issues. This can be resolved by using rel=”canonical” tags to specify the preferred version of the content, or by using 301 redirects to redirect duplicate pages to the original.
- Crawlability Issues: Some cryptocurrency businesses may have issues with their website being crawled by search engines due to poor website structure or technical issues. This can be resolved by reviewing and improving the website’s structure and code, and by submitting a sitemap to the search engines.
- Mobile Optimization: With the rise of mobile usage, it’s important for cryptocurrency businesses to ensure that their website is optimised for mobile devices. This can be done by using a responsive design or by creating a separate mobile version of the website.
- Security Concerns: Cryptocurrency businesses may also face security concerns as they handle sensitive financial information. This can be resolved by implementing SSL certificates and other security measures to ensure that the website is secure for users.
- Slow Loading Times: Slow loading times can affect a website’s search engine ranking and user experience. This can be resolved by optimising images and other elements on the website, and by using a content delivery network (CDN) to improve loading times.
- Poor internal linking structure: This can be resolved by ensuring that all pages on the website are easily discoverable through the use of a clear and logical internal linking structure.
- Lack of an XML sitemap: This can be resolved by creating an XML sitemap and submitting it to search engines, which can help them find and crawl all the pages on the website.
- Missing or incorrect hreflang tags: This can be resolved by using hreflang tags to indicate the language and regional targeting for each page on the website, which can help ensure that the correct version of the page is shown to users in different languages or regions.
Pros & cons of problems faced in SEO & how can they be resolved
Poor technical SEO can greatly impact a website’s visibility and rankings in search engine results. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of problems faced in SEO.
Pros of SEO problems
- Improving website functionality: One of the primary benefits of facing SEO problems is that it helps businesses to identify the areas of their website that need improvement. Whether it’s website speed, navigation, or content, fixing these problems can help businesses create a better user experience for their customers.
- Better visibility: Another benefit of fixing SEO problems is that it can help businesses improve their search engine rankings. As search engines like Google place a high value on a website’s functionality and relevance, fixing these issues can result in higher rankings and increased visibility.
- Increased traffic: By fixing SEO problems and improving website functionality, businesses can also attract more organic traffic to their site. This increased traffic can lead to more conversions and sales, making SEO a valuable investment for businesses looking to grow their online presence.
Cons of SEO problems
- Time-consuming: SEO is a continuous process that requires a lot of time and effort to maintain. Fixing problems like broken links, missing content, or slow website speeds can be time-consuming and require significant resources.
- Complexity: SEO is a complex and ever-changing field that requires businesses to stay on top of the latest trends and strategies. Facing SEO problems can be challenging, especially for businesses without a dedicated SEO expert on staff.
- Costly: Some SEO problems can be costly to fix, especially if they require significant technical expertise or website redesigns. This can make SEO a challenging investment for small businesses with limited budgets.
The most common SEO mistakes on cryptocurrency websites
- Poor website structure and organisation
- Lack of mobile optimization
- Slow website load times
- Missing or duplicate content
- Lack of meta tags and structured data
- Broken links and 404 errors
- Conduct regular audits of the website to identify and address technical SEO issues.
- Implement a mobile-first design and ensure that the website is optimised for all devices.
- Optimise website images, videos, and other media to improve website load times.
- Use tools such as Google Search Console to identify and fix broken links and 404 errors.
- Use structured data and meta tags to improve search engine visibility and provide more information about the website’s content.
- Consult with an SEO expert or agency to develop and implement a comprehensive technical SEO strategy.
How these can be resolved
- Conduct a website audit to identify and fix any broken links, missing alt tags, and other technical issues that could negatively impact search engine rankings.
- Optimise website content for relevant keywords, including those related to cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
- Ensure that all website pages are mobile-friendly and load quickly to improve user experience and search engine rankings.
- Implement structured data on website pages to help search engines understand the context and relevance of the content.
- Ensure that the website is properly indexed by search engines by submitting a sitemap and monitoring the website’s indexed pages.
- Monitor website traffic and search engine rankings to identify any fluctuations or changes that may indicate a technical issue.
- Utilise tools such as Google Analytics and Search Console to track website performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor backlinks to the website and take action to remove or disavow any spammy or low-quality links that could negatively impact search engine rankings.
- Make sure that the website is properly secured with an SSL certificate and implement best practices for website security.
- Monitor for any changes or updates to search engine algorithms and ensure that the website stays in compliance with guidelines to avoid penalties.
Cryptocurrency businesses face a unique set of technical SEO challenges that can greatly impact their visibility and search engine ranking. By understanding these challenges and implementing the appropriate solutions, businesses can improve their search engine optimization efforts and ultimately drive more traffic to their website. Some of the common technical SEO issues faced by cryptocurrency businesses include website structure, technical implementation, and content optimization. By addressing these issues and implementing best practices, businesses can improve their search engine optimization efforts and ultimately drive more traffic to their website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are some common technical SEO issues faced by cryptocurrency businesses?
Some common technical SEO issues faced by cryptocurrency businesses include poor website structure, lack of mobile optimization, missing or duplicate meta tags, and broken links. These issues can negatively impact a business’s search engine rankings and visibility.
How can poor website structure be resolved for cryptocurrency businesses?
Poor website structure can be resolved by implementing a clear hierarchy and organisation of the website’s content. This can be achieved by using proper heading tags (H1, H2, etc.), creating a sitemap, and ensuring all internal links are working properly. Additionally, implementing a responsive design can improve the website’s mobile optimization.
How can missing or duplicate meta tags be resolved for cryptocurrency businesses?
Missing or duplicate meta tags can be resolved by creating unique and relevant meta tags for each page on the website. This includes the page’s title tag, meta description, and meta keywords. It is also important to ensure that all pages have a unique title and description, as duplicate content can negatively impact search engine rankings. Additionally, using a tool such as Google Search Console can help identify any missing or duplicate meta tags on the website.
Get ahead of the competition in the blockchain industry with our advanced blockchain SEO techniques. Reach out to us and discover how we can help you achieve your digital marketing goals.